About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA
Welcome to my blog! I'm Shawndene and I started this when planning my dream vintage/rustic-inspired wedding, which was on September 17, 2011. I've decided to keep this blog, although I will no longer be posting wedding-related posts (ok, maybe just a few because I can't help myself)! You'll find mostly DIY crafts, baking, who knows what else...anything I'm into for the moment probably :) Please feel free to comment on any of my posts! Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, June 3, 2011

HAVE I GOT SOME NEWS FOR YOU....

What do you see here? 

A girl so tired from working the graveyard shift & frustrated she can't get good sleep in during the day?  A girl who feels like she has aged prematurely and gotten more wrinkles than she normally would've gotten in the last 15 months?  A girl who no longer gets to enjoy time with her girlfriends and a glass of wine on a week night?  A girl who only gets to fall asleep with her fiance at most twice a week?  A girl who can't get any sleep without her eye mask and earplugs? 
That my friends, was ME.
I say was because.....

I GOT MY DREAM JOB!!!

I can not even begin to tell you how happy it makes me to know that in 2 weeks I will no longer be working the graveyard shift that I have been working for the last 15 months.  I will still be employed with Sharp, but at an outpatient center working (get this!)
4 10-hour shifts, no weekends, no holidays!!! 
I will no longer be a vampire up all night and attempting to sleep during the day. 

No, it wasn't always horrible on graveyard.  I actually take it as a blessing because 
1)The $4/hr shift differential has managed for me to save an additional $640 (before taxes) each month for the wedding
2)I have literally done ALL of my wedding research, gotten ALL of my ideas/inspiration, searched countless wedding blogs ALL on my graveyard shift (when it's slow, of course) :)  I honestly don't think I could have put all that I have put into our wedding if I didn't work that shift during the past months
and,
3)I am thankful to have even been given the job I got straight out of school, working at a Level 3 Trauma Hospital in a busy ER, it;s an experience that I know has shaped me into a better Ultrasound Technologist. 

Anyways, the person I really need to thank is my loving fiance that has put up with countless grumpy nights for no reason at all other than that I have to go to work at night when most people are going to bed.  For ALWAYS being supportive of my schedule and always looking out making sure I get decent sleep.  For being quiet as a mouse if he comes home when I'm sleeping, wearing headphones while watching TV or listening to music, yet when I come home in the morning I always wake him up.   For having more confidence in me than I do in myself, knowing that hard work and lots of patience will pay off. 

These last 15 months working graveyard have not been easy, but I know it could have been a lot more difficult.  Thank you babe for all your love and support, I couldn't have done it without you (while keeping sane).  You are constantly supporting me and our future together and I have no doubt that it will be a bright one.  Once again, another reason why I can't wait to marry you, the love of my life. 

Love,
your babers

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Shawndene!!!!! John and I are so excited for you! No one deserves it more than you, my lady. And that was a very beautiful Ode to Orrin. You two are perfect for each other :) Can't wait for Sept 17!! Love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU!! I can't wait to start my new schedule, next Mon! Haha, I like it "Ode to Orrin" sounds like a love song :)

    ReplyDelete