DONE:
Save The Dates (all have been mailed)Venue/AlcoholCatererPhotographerKristina CazaresDJCeremony decor (ribbon wands, pomander balls, maybe 1 more thing)Centerpieces, candles, table #'s, etcScheduled my dress fitting (already arrived and being kept at Bri's house!)Hotel blocksHilton Garden Inn Hotel BlocksInvitations (just received them!)All bridesmaid dresses are in! There are 5 different dresses for 7 girls & I love them allPassports! We already had this done since we needed them for Justin & Cherish's wedding last Oct
Meet with travel agent, Mom's friend Karol (scheduled for 4/16)Meet with Dad & Kelley's pastor who will be marrying us so him and Orrin can meet and we can discuss the ceremony (hopefully do this on Easter Sunday)Meet with Matt, the musician I want to play our ceremony music acousticallyCheck his music out!Not in the budget :(Make 2nd payment to Orfila (scheduled for 4/23...yikes! Double yikes because I just had to pay $500 for my car to get fixed :/)Set up Registry (Macy's & Bed Bath & Beyond, maybe a PayPal or honeymoon one as well)-going on Sat!Pick out & purchase Orrin's suitPick out some options for bridesmaid shoesBook honeymoon & put deposit down!
Very Soon- Ask Gracie to be our Flower GirlBuy LOVE mugs from Anthro(put on wish list at Anthro)Find a creative friend that wants to address our invitations because I have chicken scratch & can't afford a caligrapher :)My mom offered :)Give Amy & Kelley guest lists for both bridal showersRegister, register, register!
Meet with Alisa and her biz partner to discuss flowersMake up trialI looooove the make up artist I found, Karina at L' Pretty!Figure out who's doing hair for bridesmaids & myself (if they want it)Finalize groomsmen attire and inform them what to do & when- Pick out groomsmen
shoes& ties (gifts) Go w/ dad to pick out his attire (doing this Sunday)Pick out wedding bands for both of us(ordered O's, don't think I'm getting one til after the wedding)Talk to Gma Bub about cakeGo shopping with Nannie & Gracie to find our flower girl a cute lil dressReserve bridal suite for wedding night (free if we book 20 rooms!), room for me (and MOH) night before wedding and room for O (and BM) night before weddingWe're already at 10 rooms!Order envelopes for invitations (really don't like the plain white ones I have) & address when mom is here in JulyEngagement pictures June 16th!!! Get outfits, props, etc ready!Go to swap meet, thrift stores to look for more milk glass vases, or clear that I can spray paint white or anything else cool that I can find...any excuse to go. I know, I'm an old lady :)Research where to find the cheapest drinking size mason jars for cocktail hour and purchaseHeck ya! Becky's sweet sister Lauren just got married and is letting me borrow her mason jars! :)- Finish jam favors
- Finish all crafts
- Have Megan use her pretty writing for signs
Walk thru at Orfila with day of coordinatorPick out wines to be served- Finalize all music so we can be assured the DJ will not be corny!
Set up some sort of honeymoon fund
Seating chart display boardTree guest book (get ink pads) or another possible idea... not happeningMore chalkboard signs; 1 big one for menu and 1 big one for ceremony info (not doing programs)Felt pink and white hearts for gray and white cocktail strawsPrograms, menus, signs with chosen monogram (buy a printer!) not happeningShutterfly guest book with engagement picsPaint the shutters (to display family pics)Cake topper- Wedding day timeline (Cherish is helping me with this soon)
Bridal shoes/jewelryordered jewelry online, hope I liiikeTransportation to Orfila for wedding party, free shuttle (that only fits 7 at a time) or something else?If we have a lot of people staying at the hotel they said they can arrange a bigger bus or more shuttles- Specific songs:
dad/me, O/O's mom/O,cake cutting, bouquet/garter toss,first dance, ceremony music, etc. Plans for rehearsal dinnerThank you Orrin & Julie-Ann :)Asking family for wedding pics so we can display on the shutters- Make a photo list for photographer of must take family pictures. Maybe assign a family member to make sure we get everyone..
Videographer (I know I might regret not having a videographer, but really don't think it's in the budget)--not happeningCandy Bar -most likely not in the budget, heard candy can be expensive--not happeningArranging other transportation. Hilton RB Garden Inn provides a shuttle to and from the winery...that shuttle fits 7. Yes, 7 people.They said if there's a lot of people staying there they'll look into providing us something bigger. not happening...there's one shuttle bus...that fits 7. I wish we could afford to hire a shuttle company at least just to make one drop off and one pick up.Photo booth (Would love it like no other but for $1,000--not in the budget)--not happening- White chairs instead of wood (Ahh, I think-actually, I know-the white chairs for the reception would look better with our color scheme than the wood but for $2.50/chair, I don't know...) NOT HAPPENING :(
- Dance floor or cement (Apparently, half the people get the dance floor and half don't, personally I think a dance floor would be 100% better than dancing on the cement but for $400 we have to think about it) At this point we got our dream venue and everything else, sadly, might just be "extras" we can't afford. ...NOT HAPPENING :(
- Orfila gives us 1 complimentary wine pass for each guest to come back and enjoy a free wine tasting.
- Possibly make jam favors?? ...in 8 oz mason jars. YES!!! Kelley & her mom have done this LOTS and definitely want to do it so we'll be making pomegranite jam, yummm! Not sure when yet, if anyone wants to help I will let you know when :)

No comments:
Post a Comment