About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA
Welcome to my blog! I'm Shawndene and I started this when planning my dream vintage/rustic-inspired wedding, which was on September 17, 2011. I've decided to keep this blog, although I will no longer be posting wedding-related posts (ok, maybe just a few because I can't help myself)! You'll find mostly DIY crafts, baking, who knows what else...anything I'm into for the moment probably :) Please feel free to comment on any of my posts! Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lists, Lists & More Lists

Less than 6 3 1/2 months to go, I need to start making some update my lists!! :)

DONE:
  • Save The Dates (all have been mailed)
  • Venue/Alcohol
  • Caterer
  • Photographer Kristina Cazares
  • DJ
  • Ceremony decor (ribbon wands, pomander balls, maybe 1 more thing)
  • Centerpieces, candles, table #'s, etc
  • Scheduled my dress fitting (already arrived and being kept at Bri's house!)
  • Hotel blocks Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Blocks
  • Invitations (just received them!)
  • All bridesmaid dresses are in!  There are 5 different dresses for 7 girls & I love them all
TO DO (APRIL):
  • Meet with travel agent, Mom's friend Karol (scheduled for 4/16)
  • Meet with Dad & Kelley's pastor who will be marrying us so him and Orrin can meet and we can discuss the ceremony (hopefully do this on Easter Sunday)
  • Meet with Matt, the musician I want to play our ceremony music acoustically Check his music out! Not in the budget :(
  • Make 2nd payment to Orfila (scheduled for 4/23...yikes!  Double yikes because I just had to pay $500 for my car to get fixed :/)
  • Set up Registry (Macy's & Bed Bath & Beyond, maybe a PayPal or honeymoon one as well)-going on Sat!
  • Pick out & purchase Orrin's suit
  • Pick out some options for bridesmaid shoes
  • Book honeymoon & put deposit down!
TO DO (MAY):
  • Very Soon- Ask Gracie to be our Flower Girl and pick out a dress :)
  • Buy LOVE mugs from Anthro
  • Find a creative friend that wants to address our invitations because I have chicken scratch & can't afford a caligrapher :) My mom offered :)
  • Give Amy & Kelley guest lists for both bridal showers
  • Register, register, register!
TO DO (JUNE):
  • Meet with Alisa and her biz partner to discuss flowers
  • Make up trial I looooove the make up artist I found, Karina at L' Pretty!  So much more affordable than I thought it would be. Check it out, I'm in the portfolio section
  • Figure out who's doing hair for bridesmaids & myself (if they want it) 
  • Finalize groomsmen attire and inform them what to do & when
  • Pick out wedding bands for both of us
  • Talk to Gma Bub about cake
  • Go shopping with Nannie & Gracie to find our flower girl a cute lil dress
  • Reserve bridal suite for wedding night (free if we book 20 rooms!), room for me (and MOH) night before wedding and room for O (and BM) night before wedding
  • Order envelopes for invitations (really don't like the plain white ones I have) & address when mom is here in June...send in July??
  • Engagement pictures June 16th!!!  Get outfits, props, etc ready!
  • Go to swap meet (come with me, Melanie?), thrift stores to look for more milk glass vases, or clear that I can spray paint white or anything else cool that I can find...any excuse to go.  I know, I'm an old lady :)
  • Research where to find the cheapest drinking size mason jars for cocktail hour and purchase
MAKE:
  • Seating chart display board
  • Tree guest book (get ink pads)
  • More chalkboard signs
  • Felt pink and white hearts for gray and white cocktail straws
  • Programs, menus, signs with chosen monogram (buy a printer!)
  • Paint the shutters (to display family pics)
  • Cake topper
  • Wedding day timeline
START THINKING ABOUT:
  • Bridal shoes/jewelry
  • Transportation to Orfila for wedding party, free shuttle (that only fits 7 at a time) or something else?
  • Specific songs: dad/me, O's mom/O, cake cutting, bouquet/garter toss, first dance, ceremony music, etc.
  • Plans for rehearsal dinner
  • Asking family for wedding pics so we can display on the shutters
WISH LIST:
  • Videographer  (I know I might regret not having a videographer, but really don't think it's in the budget)
  • Candy Bar -most likely not in the budget, heard candy can be expensive
  • Photo booth (Would love it like no other but for $1,000--not in the budget)  --not happening
  • White chairs instead of wood  (Ahh, I think-actually, I know-the white chairs for the reception would look better with our color scheme than the wood but for $2.50/chair, I don't know...)
  • Dance floor or cement  (Apparently, half the people get the dance floor and half don't, personally I think a dance floor would be 100% better than dancing on the cement but for $400 we have to think about it)  At this point we got our dream venue and everything else, sadly, might just be "extras" we can't afford.
FAVORS:
  • Orfila gives us 1 complimentary wine pass for each guest to come back and enjoy a free wine tasting
  • Possibly make jam favors?? ...in 8 oz mason jars

No comments:

Post a Comment